Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Comfort without the Calories

Cold weather always seems to go hand in hand with heavy comfort food dishes. You may even find yourself trading in your workout for a big bowl of pasta and pajamas … I'm guilty of this too, but the guilt does not need to be part of the experience. Today ill give you my hack to a guilt free pasta dinner 


banza1.jpg
This bowl of pasta is filled with chickpea pasta, yes chickpeas! The chickpea pasta brand that I use is BANZA which I have seen in multiple grocery stores, so finding it would be easy. Packed with 23 grams of protein 8 grams of fiber and 48 net carbs opposed to traditional pasta that is 13 grams of protein 3 grams of fiber and 71 net carbs, you can see how it is clearly the better choice to a nutrient positive meal.


banzabox.jpg

Cooking: cooking Banza pasta is just like any other. you boil water and cook for 9-11 minutes ( depends on how you like your pasta)

Texture: The texture is not an exact match to pasta, but if your an Al dente kind of person then you wont have a problem, honestly I like my noodles more noodley and find the texture at 11 minutes to be just fine. I could be biased since its the only pasta I eat.

Taste: They taste like whatever you make them with, if you eat them naked, they have a chickpea taste. 

Filling: Because of their nutrient positive qualities they fill you up quicker then a bowl of traditional pasta, the fiber count is higher but the carb count is lower.

Options: Banza makes their pasta in all the shapes you could want.

The way I made them here was with a can of Victoria Vodka sauce and spinach. Adding Spinach brings vitamins minerals and protein to the dish, more flavor and color! For the rest of the family I added grilled chicken to their dishes.

Comfort without the calories. Enjoy your pasta and keep your waistline lean this winter!


banzabox1.jpg

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig